Thursday, January 31, 2008

There's no place like....


HOME!

Nicholas and I arrived at mom and dad's about 9:30 last night.  It is always so fun to fly in at night.  Like New York, Vegas has an energy all it's own.  The minute I pull onto Las Vegas Blvd. and see all the action I immediately start thinking..."Okay, what show should we see?  Where should we eat? Should we stay a night in a hotel?"  Funny enough, we RARELY do much of anything downtown, because the real fun is just seeing Mom and Dad and being home.  But no matter what--when I see the lights, my mind starts racing with all the possibilities.  Last fall, I brought all the kids home to visit, except Nicholas, he had school obligations.  I mean, honestly, he's in fourth grade, it's not like he can just take off for a week.  Psycho.  So this long weekend is his own getaway with Grandma and Grandpa.  Why am I here?  
That's easy:  shopping, eating, sleeping, fun with Jek and Mom.


No comments: