Wednesday, March 26, 2008

White House Egg Roll

We had a great time at the egg roll.  There were tons of people, but they handled the crowds well with plenty of entertainment, food and quick lines.  Apparently, tons of people wanted in this year because The Jonas Brothers performed twice.


To be honest, neither my kids or myself knew who they were before we got there, but we do now!  Apparently, tickets were being posted on Craig's list for $500..hmmm.  That's going a bit far I would think.  The egg roll lasted all of 5 seconds but now we can say we've done it!  The grounds were beautiful and it was obvious that tons of work goes into this event.



It's pretty amazing to be playing on President Bush's front lawn--it could be a once in a lifetime.


I was a gorgeous day, not too chilly but slightly overcast.  A lot of the trees were in bloom and all the grass was bright green.  Next week is the Cherry Blossom festival--so they better hurry up and pop!


The White House has some beautiful views.  At the end of the day, they gave all the kids goodie bags filled with a book, an American Journal, a wooden egg with President and Mrs. Bush's signature on, Peeps etc.  It was a really fun day--I'm glad we could go!

3 comments:

Jayne Layne said...

That is really neat! Looks like such a fun and pretty day. What exactly is the egg roll? I didn't read up on it.

Rebecca said...

I LOVE these pictures, I've always wondered how that went down. When Anna (2) is a little older, I'd love to take her. What an awesome time.

jill said...

Good for you! It looks like the kids had a great time!