Monday, April 28, 2008

Grandpa, this one's for you!





Nicholas was tickled when Grandpa told him to put pictures on the blog of his new guitar. He was quite particular with the shots we took. When Mom and Dad were out here a few weeks ago, Dad taught Nicholas to play a bunch of chords and a few songs.  He practiced non-stop for days and is still going strong.  He is just thrilled with his new talent. Unfortunately only one line of one song has stuck with all four kids.  All day long I hear someone singing, "I had a sister Sally, she was younger..."  Then Mitchell and Natalie fight over the words.  "Mom! Is Sally younger or older?"  Nicholas eventually settles the debate.  I love seeing this kid self motivated with music.  Thanks Dad--it's been so fun--love ya!

5 comments:

Jek said...

That is so cool. I love that kid!

VEGAS VIC said...

Nicholas John, that is one fine looking gittar. I can't wait for the phone call with your lastest version of "Take Her Out of Pity" or "The Seine" on that fine instrument. Keep on Practicing and keep me posted. Gram thinks you guys must really be rich to get such a nice guitar.

Gramps

Mitch said...

This depresses me. By the time he's freakin 15 the kid is gonna be more solid on the guitar than i am. If only i had started earlier. He can be in my band and make me rich. Keep Practicing nicholas! I'll bring my guitar this summer and we can jam.

jill said...

Way to go Nickanuss! Great guitar!!!

Jayne Layne said...

Go Nicholas! What a great talent you will develop KEEP it up. If you can play piano and guitar you will be one happy boy. I know Grandpa is so proud of you!

Very cool guitar!! Sure do love ya.