Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Birthday 100

I love reading birthday 100 lists.  My turn.  
 1. I love being an American; I'm a huge fan of patriotic programs and music.
2.   I was born in '70 so it has always been very easy to calculate my age.
3.   I am the oldest of six kids.
4.   I have very wonderful parents--two of the best, I believe.
5.   My two front teeth were out for over a year.  The dentist finally slit them 
with a razor in fourth grade; they were down the next day.
6.   One of my dearest friends shares my birthday.  He is French and is name is Karim. We
take turns calling most years.  We say, "Happy Birthday" and I include, "Happy Bastille Day."
7. I have had big crushes on Joaquin Phoenix and Russell Crowe. 
8. I have really bad calluses on my feet that I used to chew off as a kid (and sometimes still do)
9. I have really long toes.  Really long.  I can pinch like crazy with them and 
     clean my room using only my toes if I choose to.
10. I married a hottie who I sometimes call my "wife" since he's so domestic.
11.  I got married in Vegas but not on the strip like most.  In the LDS temple.
12.   I weighed 83 lbs. when I was junior in high school.  Not a pretty sight.
13. English roses, peonies and lavender are my favorite flowers.
14.  Gladiator is one of my top three movies.  I love the layers of meaning.
15. I will always prefer a drama to a comedy.
16. My proudest grade ever was getting one of two "A's" in B. Heiner's Acting Class
at BYU.
17. I really hate it when people move away. So few people stay put these days. I'd welcome
a moving van in the Dell Aqua's driveway, however.
18. I am very close to all of my sisters and brothers.
19. I love the sound of the vacuum and the blow dryer. I would sleep to them if I could.
20. I have Reynaulds Syndrome which means bad circulation in my fingers. They 
turn pure white when I'm too cold. I'm told they could fall off if they stay white too long.
21. I love fires in the house and out and especially singing around a campfire.
22. I'm a pretty decent rock climber when I'm practicing.
23. I never played a team sport in school. 
24. I made first cuts to Les Miserables in Washington DC. (great story but 
very depressing for me)
25. I have been asked "Girl, whatchoo mixed with?" at least 20 times.
26. I have over 200 letters from Nick he sent from his church mission in 
Holland (he loved me)
27. I am a very loyal friend, but stink at keeping in touch long distance.
28. I hate gum popping, ice crunching, popcorn chomping and sloppy mouth noises 
in general.
29. I live within one mile of five of my best college friends.
30. I have been kissed on the lips my Englebert Humperdink.
31. My sister Jill has always been my "Ed McMahon" and I love her for it.
32. I love to be tan, but have wised up a lot over the years.
33. I had braces my Senior year in high school.
34. I majored in Secondary Education in English taught for two years before kids.
35. I live near DC but have little idea of what goes on politically.
36. I think the news is too depressing to watch and probably only see it once a year at 
my parents house.
37. I love uplifting, spiritual church meetings.
38. I am almost never suprised; I fake being surprised when people have tried really hard.
39. I have a very good sixth sense.
40. I love broadway musicals and would do anything to be in one but I don't sing 
well enough.
41. Les Miserables is the book that made the biggest impact on me as a teenager.
42. I taught early morning seminary at 6 am my entire fourth pregnancy.
43. My legs and pits are almost always stubbly.
44. I got my curls from my dad who got them from his mother.
45. Depeche Mode is my all time favorite band.
46. I miss my grandparents houses in Springville and the one on Torrey Pines.
47. I am a Cancer--I oppose change.
48. I am exactly half blue-half red in the color code book.
49. I constantly think about homeschooling one or more of my kids.
50. I have been to Mexico, England, Italy, Canada, and Spain. France is next I hope.
51. I am bossy with my husband but he likes it.
52. I will never get implants--though I'd secretly like to.
53. I am scared to death of crickets. Other bugs/spiders don't alarm me.
54. I am often sad about places and times I can never go back to.
55. I have a great mother in law.
56. I hate to lose an argument.
57. I give lots of compliments and am sincere in giving them.
58. I am not much of a crier.
59. I love the four seasons and look forward to each one before they come.
60. I have two boys and two girls, but I wish I had six kids.
61. I am horrible at directions. More than horrible. Every time I leave the hotel 
room I go the wrong way. I am directionally disabled for sure. I can't read a map at all.
62. I have a dog named Lucky who has really grown on me.
63. I have a neighbor family who hates me, even though they know they 
shouldn't, I believe.
64. I struggle with swearing.
65. I am pretty funny if I'm with the right people.
66. I am good at impersonations and faking accents.
67. I used to be a very, very good prank caller.
68. I had the best college years of anyone I know.
69. I wish I could sew better.
70. I am always wishing I would discover I'm gifted at something.
71. My 10 year old will soon pass me up on the piano.
72. I missed 32 days of school in the 5th grade. I had lots of anxieties and an 
angel mother who helped me get normal and stay normal.
73. I am a friend to many. I love my friends past and present and think about them 
often. I am still in contact with my first best friend who I met when I was two.
74. I consider myself to be pretty outdoorsy, but Nick's brothers would 
probably laugh at that.
75. I love to buy clothes and have new clothes in my closet at all times.
76. I wish I would ever dare to take a risk with my hair. I have always wanted a bob.
77. I would love to skydive and bungee jump but will probably never have the 
guts to do either.
78. I enjoy teenagers and love being around them. I prefer teaching them over 
toddlers any day.
79. I LOVE water. I barely drink anything besides it.
80. I love ethnic food. I rarely care to eat in most food chain restaurants.
81. I prefer salty over sweet..usually.
82. I would love to write a children's book but fear I am too lazy to actually 
do it and scared of being rejected.
83. I wish I would have minored in interior design. I would love to decorate homes. 
84. I am already really sad about my kids growing up.
85. My life would be perfect if all my family were near.
86. I would adopt a baby from another country if it was easy and cheaper.
87. I love that my kids are growing up with outdoor experiences. I never knew 
what a summer camp was--except for on Parent Trap.
88. If I could do one year over again it would be from June 1988 to June 1989.
89. I know that most of the happiness in my life is due to my religion.
90. I love living near DC and so many historical places. I wish I visited them 
more often.
91. My first car when I was married was a Le Car that Nick's brother gave us and we loved it.
92. I love music but cannot stand it on when kids are crying in the car. (note to Nick)
93. I think I am really persuasive and figure I can usually talk people into doing what 
I think they should do. It must be an oldest child thing.
94. I am perfectly content in a very slow movie if I think it's meaningful and real.
95. I love to fall asleep with ear plugs in my ears, but I never do it at home.
96. I am a worrier but have gotten a lot better over the years.
97. I have loved talking on the phone my whole life. One of my best Christmas 
presents as a teenager was my own phone line. I used to keep Jill up, mad at me, 
till the wee hours of morning.
98. The best sleep I've ever had was in the hospital after having Nicholas. They gave 
me two percocets and I was in and out of sleep delirium for two days.  
I've never felt better.
99. I am a very impulsive shopper and spend money like I am rich. Subliminally,
I must know my limits because I am never in debt.
100. I have an aversion to certain words (hard to explain but "munch and munchies" 
are two).  I also hate words spelled wrong on purpose (girlz, krispy kreme, tastee) 
and...messing around with the traditional spelling of a person's name.
What did I miss?

No comments: