Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Food for Thought


Do you ever wonder where your next meal will come from? I don't.

I am part of a cooking co-op, and it is one of the greatest things I have ever done for myself and my family. Five years ago, I was visiting with my cousin in Las Vegas and she introduced me to this fabulous concept. You cook one day a week for 4 families and deliver it, and in return, you get dinner back from them. Well, I thought it sounded brilliant and explained it to my extended family when I returned home. Oddly enough, ALL the husbands were totally skeptical but my mother in law and sisters in law were up for trying it. Well, hundreds of dinners later...we are still going strong. We have enjoyed some delicious meals over the years and realize that most of our kids, who are still quite young, don't know any different. They have all grown up saying, "So, who made this, Mom?" As an added bonus, my children are not picky eaters since they've been exposed to such a wide variety of food on a weekly basis. I swear, there is nothing better than coming home, opening the fridge and finding dinner there--
smiling at you.

No comments: