Sunday, March 30, 2008

Music Found

A few years ago I was looking for some Enya-type music and came across Secret Garden.  I loved it and they have become one of my favorite groups to listen to when I want mellow music. It sort of has the Enya vibe minus the vocals; I think it's beautiful, romantic and dreamy.  My favorite album is the one above, "Songs From a Secret Garden." As with any new album, you need to listen to it a few times before you really love it.  I have the greatest RELAX playlist on my ipod.  I've listed some of my other favorites songs/artists below if you want to check them out on itunes.  

•Cinema Paradiso--most of the album from best movie ever! (Ennio Morricone)

•Enya--Watermark is my favorite, but pretty much anything

•Gabriels Oboe and On Earth as it is in Heaven (The Mission, Ennio Morricone)

•Les choristes, Vois sur ton chemin, Les avions en papier, Pepinot, Caresse sur l'ocean
(all from the movie Les Choristes--see it!)

•Now We Are Free (Gladiator)

•Poeme, Hymn to Hope--beautiful! (Secret Garden)

•Reflections of Passion, Aria (Yanni)

•In My Time--whole cd good (Yanni)

•The Promise (The Piano, Michael Nyman)

•My Father's Favorite (Sense & Sensibility)

•Blue Bell Knoll (Cocteau Twins)

•O, Jeux d'eau, ("O" Cirque du Soleil)

•Pie Jesu (Sarah Brightman)

Do you like any of these?
I would love more--SPEAK UP!

7 comments:

partii said...

You should add "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n Roses to your playlist...

partii said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayne Layne said...

That is a great list. I need to add that to my ipod. I will think of more and let you know if I come up with any good ones.

Suzanne said...

Hello,
My name is Suzanne and I am from Salt Lake City, UT. I wanted to drop a note to you that I truly enjoy your blog. A long story short, I found your blog through my sister's friend who is a friend of your sister. I know, confusing but oh well! You probably have noticed my visits through your stat counter, and I just wanted to let you know, I am not a crazy weirdo. I have found a lot in common with you and I also serve in Young Womens. It has taken all the courage I could muster to make this comment, but I just wanted to say that you are truly a unique individual and I find your site refreshing. So I hope you don't mind if I pop in once in a while.
Sincerely, Suzanne

carey said...

Good tunes! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ennio Morricone's "The Mission." Absolutely beautiful. Also, (this may sound weird), I've love Christopher O'Reilly's (classical pianist) interpretation of Radiohead tunes. Fun post! This makes me want to dig out some old tunes I miss.

JENNIFRO said...

Thanks Carey for the tip--I bet it's great--considering you're the piano guru!

Anonymous said...

Look, you are becoming famous. A looker from SLC. Your site is rather nice, unlike yourself. Maybe I should warn Suzanne. JUST KIDDING!!! Pretty soon you can rival K.C. You need to do some free give aways..... XOXO, Anjie