Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mine all Mine


Today has been spectacular and it's only just past noon. I can't believe what a little solitude can do. Let me recommend sending your husband and children away for a few days while you stay home; no hotel necessary! Yesterday I cleverly hired a cleaner to come clean my house so my weekend would be dust, clutter, kid and crud free. Then.. I went to Whole Foods and bought exactly what I wanted to eat. I slept until 8:00 and tweaked a great playlist in bed until 9:00. Then I went to a yoga class that was amazing--super packed and super hard. The drive was beautiful--the weather is all spring with blue skies and daffodils; I opened the sunroof and plugged in my favorite tunes. When I got home I took a shower and put a scrub and mask on my face and teeth whiteners in--I'm not messin' around! I opened almost all the windows in the house because the temperature is unreal gorgeous and put on my aqua robe for the day and cranked my "Relax" playlist which made the birds go manic. I know I've been using far too many superlatives this post, but I swear I have the best music for a day like today.

Just as I was finishing my lunch prep Nick pulled in to get something, so we ate together. I made an awesome salad with grilled chicken, tomatoes, avocados, kalamata olives, pumpkin seeds, feta and the best garlicky lemon dressing you've ever tasted (thanks Jek!). So good in fact my neighbors called to say they could smell my breath from their porch. Anyway it was nice to see Nick coming up the drive and even better to see him goin' back down it. Best thing he said was "I think I'll take the kids camping every month." Can we swear in blood on that?

I then took up a spot near my bedroom window and began again to plink away.. life is good.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Yay that your back to blogging.. that you took a weekend to yourself.. and that your back!!